If you thought that you had to go all the way to sunny Australia to see wallabies, you would be wrong. They will be arriving this summer to reside at Hobbledown, a mystical kids farm in London.
Hobbledown are always adding new things to what is already an amazing park experience. It is predominantly aimed at children, or should I say Hobblers, between the ages of 2 and 13 years of age. Of course adults are never too old to join in the fun. You are absolutely not!
Whether it is your first visit to Hobbledown or you have been many times before, you will always see something new. Animals and Hobblers do the most unexpected things, and at Hobbledown they love to keep you entertained throughout your visit.
Wallaby Walk Through
Wallaby Walk Through is the new attraction being added to the park this Summer. The sheer anticipation is already causing a ripple of excitement through this kids farm in London.
What to Expect
The experience will allow you to get up close and personal with these cuddly animals that are native to Australia.
Visitors will be able to walk through the centre of the enclosure rather than being restricted to the areas around the outside.
The Wallaby Walk through experience will also be included as part of your Hobbledown admission. Bargain!
- Wallabies are part of the Kangaroo family that are predominantly found in Australia.
- Young Wallabies, like kangaroos are call Joey’s.
- Bucks, Boomers or Jacks is the name given to a fully grown adult male Wallabies.
- The lady Wallabies are referred to as a Doe, Jill or Flyer.
- The Hobblers at Hobbledown have lovingly named them Bouncers. A little easier to remember.
- Wallabies are vegetarian so there is no need to worry about them eating your children.
- Wallabies are extremely friendly animals and so will be looking forward to meeting you.
Hurry to Hobbledown
If you haven’t had the chance to experience the wonderful world of Hobbledown, meet the enchanting characters and amazing animals you really should consider a visit.
Hobbledown is listed number 4 in the Days Out With Kids, Top 10 UK Attractions, just behind Paulton’s Park, the Museum of Science and Industry and Legoland. It has also won many other awards so it really is worth jotting down on you Summer Things To Do list.
Have you had the pleasure of visiting Hobbledown? How did you find it?